Question 1: Where were you 5 years ago?
Okay June 2005… crikey I can’t even think where I was living – not a good start!! Is it four or five years I’ve been in my own home now?? Damn I’m gonna have to hunt down the mortgage stuff to see… okay I moved into this home on 2nd February 2005! Wasn’t sure if was 2004 or 2005 but oddly always remember that it was the 2nd of February!
So June 2005 would’ve been just 4 months after moving into this place I call my home with D’s Dad (my fiance at the time) and baby toddler D. We were in that happy “ooh we’ve got our own house, we’re a family!” way of thinking for a few months. It was brand new too when we moved in… everything so clean, fresh and NEW. Shame that only lasted a few months before the problems that were already there with us, came back into our lives…. and then we split the day after Valentine’s Day in 2006. So we’d been in that house just one year and 13 days when he called time on us.
In June 2005 I was working for Tesco – who I had done for 8 years by that point! I worked in the petrol station for 7 years by then after a years stint on the checkouts (boredom hell!). Though after returning from maternity leave I’d reduced my hours down to 16 hours a week. I kept working there throughout my nurse training – in June 2005 I was probably accepted to start… as I did in September 2005 and qualified in September 2008!
June 2005 I was still in the throws of trying to overcome/deal with post-natal depression… something I still feel I’m not quite over, despite thinking so a few months ago that I was free of it at last.
Question 2: Where would you want to be in 5 years time?
I’d still be working where I am because I love my job as a scrub nurse in operating theatres! My speciality is orthopaedics, which is my favourite area to work in… have tried a fair few different ones now, but my heart lies in ortho. Though maybe I’d be a team leader in 5 years? Who knows… sometimes I think it’d be nice… the extra money and the likes, but there’s even more stress and responsibility with that role including battling with the surgeons lol!
In 5 years time I had better be in a 3 bedroomed house with a garden!! Currently I live in a downstairs 2 bedroomed flat, with just one floor above me which houses a lovely blonde air hostess lol. I really want a house with a garden though… and one with a garage would be even better – not for a car but for a gym and maybe some woodworking/DIY workshop area – for me!! I’d love to get into woodworking/carpentry… I do love decorating!
I’m taking my driving lessons just now, so I hope to dear heck I’ve passed by then and so am on the road and own my own car with a bike rack so we can go out cycling anywhere we feel the urge to visit!
I’d love to say too that I hope I’m all blissfully wedded up in 5 years… I am getting on a bit for not being married – I’m 29 in October!
Not asking for TOO much am I?!
Question 3: What are 5 things on your “To Do” list today
1. Go to work (done on writing!)
2. Package up ebay sold shoes for sending!
3. Send the ebay parcel
4. Tidy livingroom
5. Finish my book
That was the plan when I woke this morning… However half way through writing this after work, and have half wrapped the parcel my best mate text and is on her way over to take me to the pub! I think I can now scrap the rest of that list…
Question 4: What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. CRISPS! My ultimate favourite
2. Salted peanuts
3. Chocolate bars
Question 5: What would you do if you were a billionaire?
- pay off mine and my families bills and give them cash to build their own dream houses.
- I’d build my own custom made dream house!
- put a whack into accounts for my son and two neices for when they’re 21.
- put a big whack into an account where the profits every year can go to charities/charity work.
- I’d go and do charity work as a operating theatre nurse on the mercy ships. that way I still get to do the job I love.
- I’d have a couple of holiday villas. I’d have fun chosing them 😉 My families could then use the villas at their pleasure.
- I’d travel across America in a campervan! This would be during the school hols so D could come with me.
- I’d probally enroll D in a private school.
- I’d still have a home in this city I currently live in!
- I’d go and meet the long time net pals I have… finally!! You know who you are…
- I’d have plastic surgery… HELL YES. Not totally fake like that wifie from The Hills did…, or OTT like Jordan but definately things like sorting my nose which I hate, and some liposuction… and cosmetic dentistry.
- Get a personal trainer and make myself fit healthy and with a slim stomach lol…
- Livi at her little bubble…
- Sarah / Blissbubbley
- readily a parent
- Beth at her good life
- Super Single Mum !